Dr. Ardeshir Ghavamzadeh was born in Tehran in 1940. He received his M.D. degree from University of Vienna, Medical School in 1971.
Dr. Ardeshir Ghavamzadeh was born in Tehran in 1940. He received his M.D. degree from University of Vienna, Medical School in 1971. After his residency in Internal Medicine, he completed his post graduate fellowship training program at University of Basel, Switzerland in 1991. Some of his administrative positions are as follows:
- President of Lymphoma and BMT Congress, Tehran, 1994
- President of BMT Congress, 2000
- President of Iranian Society of Hematology-Oncology, 1994
- Chief of Iranian Board of Hematology, Oncology, 1991
- Director of the Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation Research Center since 1999
- Director of Shariati Hospital, 1980-1982
- Chairman of the Department of Medicine, 1980-1985
- Director of Hematology, Oncology and BMT wards, 1980-1999
He was also a member of the International Bone Marrow Transplantation Registry in 1992 and European Group for Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation in 1991.